Gowrie Group: Classic Yacht Insurance Program
Over the winter, we worked with our friends at Gowrie Group and Pure Insurance to create a special insurance program tailored to suit the unique needs of classic yachts and their owners. As a classic yacht owner himself, Gowrie Group CEO Carter Gowrie was particularly mindful of the fact that one size doesn’t fit all and that the standard yacht policy may not be ideal for a well-maintained wooden boat.
With classics-specific features such as no survey requirement, the option to keep the boat in the water over the winter and “paint both sides” coverage, the Gowrie Group Classic Yacht Insurance Program might improve your coverage AND save you some money!
For more information, click here. You can also send an email to email@example.com or call 800.262.8911.
Off Center Harbor: New OCH Member Program
Founded by Maine wooden boat legends Maynard Bray, Ben Mendlowiitz, Eric Blake, Bill Mayher and Steve Stone, OffCenterHarbor.com is a website with over 500 videos and 500 articles on boat handling, repairs, maintenance, boat building, dream boats and more.
Off Center Harbor’s fast-growing collection of videos features mariners and craftspeople at the very top of the wooden boat field, showing exactly how they do things, and which products they use in their work. They also bring members aboard many of the finest dream boats (usually wooden) in the world for an immersive, close-up experience.
Regular CYOA members who are not currently OCH members can get the first year free (a $49 value). Send an email to Steve Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org and if your CYOA membership is current, he’ll get you set up with your Off Center Harbor membership.
Additional benefits of membership will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Access to a community network of like-minded owners, designers, builders, restoration yards and related craftspeople, supplier partners, regatta organizers, and cultural centers.
- Regular updates regarding news and activities associated with the CYOA including: calendar of events, race results, member directory, and yacht registry.
- Access to the CRF MkII rating system through which certificates can be easily applied for and accessed by both owners and event OAs.
- Voting membership in CYOA organization.
- Discounts on CYOA merchandise.
- Discounts on products and services from participating partners.
Note: Some of these benefits will need to be applied for through the appropriate committee within the Association, but it is the explicit intent for the Association to be a catalyst for yacht participation in as many regattas as possible and the threshold for qualification of these additional benefits will be minimal and based on common sense
We also offer an Industry Partner membership for $200/year which gives the talented folks who make it possible for us to sail and race our yachts an opportunity to show support for the community
If you’re already a member and you’d like to renew, click here.