Becoming a Member
Membership is open to all owners of classic yachts, as well as all craftspeople, restoration yards, suppliers, communities, and regattas dedicated to the furthering of the CYOA’s mission.
If you are an owner of a yacht that fits the criteria below, we invite you to apply by completing the online membership application form found here. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a response requesting more information including an image of your yacht to be uploaded to the directory.
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.
- Owners of yachts which fit the definition of Vintage, Classic, Modern Classic or Spirit of Tradition as set forth in the Classic Yacht Racing Guidelines.
- Associate membership is available to crew members and other enthusiasts who are not owners of classic yachts. Associate members are not eligible to vote on issues put before the membership nor are they eligible to become board members.
Additional benefits of membership will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Access to a community network of like-minded owners, designers, builders, restoration yards and related craftspeople, supplier partners, regatta organizers, and cultural centers.
- Regular updates regarding news and activities associated with the CYOA including: calendar of events, race results, member directory, and yacht registry.
- Access to the CRF MkII rating system through which certificates can be easily applied for and accessed by both owners and event OAs.
- Voting membership in CYOA organization.
- Discounts on CYOA merchandise.
- Discounts on products and services from participating partners.
Note: Some of these benefits will need to be applied for through the appropriate committee within the Association, but it is the explicit intent for the Association to be a catalyst for yacht participation in as many regattas as possible and the threshold for qualification of these additional benefits will be minimal and based on common sense.