Becoming a Member
Membership is open to all owners of classic wooden, metal and fiberglass yachts built before 1970*, as well as all craftspeople, restoration yards, suppliers, communities, and regattas dedicated to the furthering of the CYOA’s mission.
If you are an owner of a yacht that fits the criteria below, we invite you to apply by completing the online membership application form found here. Once your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by CYOA and if approved, you will receive a response requesting more information including an image of your yacht to be uploaded to the directory.
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hull material of wood, wood based cold molded, metal, or fiberglass. (Spirit of tradition yachts with composite or carbon hull material may be considered for membership)
- Design date of 1970 or before to be considered Classic; most others will be classified as Spirit of Tradition.
Additional benefits of membership will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Access to a community network of like-minded owners, designers, builders, restoration yards and related craftspeople, supplier partners, regatta organizers, and cultural centers.
- Regular updates regarding news and activities associated with the CYOA including: calendar of events, race results, member directory, and yacht registry.
- Subsidized costs and logistics associated with yacht ratings certificates required for participation in regatta events.
- Voting membership in CYOA organization.
- Discounts on CYOA merchandise
- Discounts from participating sponsor partners
Note: Some of these benefits will need to be applied for through the appropriate committee within the Association, but it is the explicit intent for the Association to be a catalyst for yacht participation in as many regattas as possible and the threshold for qualification of these additional benefits will be minimal and based on common sense.